BONUS: Read more to find the hidden SharePoint classic button for webparts and apps!
As someone who's been around SharePoint for a while, I have gotten used to a few of the classic features that have recently been changed. The other day, I was trying to add a "Photos" library to my site and couldn't find it in the options with the new UI. Turns out they've done a good job of hiding the "classic experience" button. Read below to see the button's new location!
If you're a seasoned veteran to SharePoint and trying to customize your new Modern Microsoft SharePoint Online (SPO) site, then you've come to the right place.
I'm going to show you how to use classic features of SharePoint and web parts to customize your new site.
Let's get started!
- Navigate to "Site Contents:"
- Select "New"
- Choose Option: "App"
- Hidden within the first paragraph click on "Classic Experience"
- Select your desired App
Below are screenshot guides to better help you...
Some of my favourite Classic SharePoint content types to use are:
- Calendar: This is a great way to keep everyone up to date on what's going on in the office. It's also a good way for meeting minutes and other important information. The calendar can be displayed on the front page or within an individual page as well.
- Photo / Picture Library: If you need pictures for your site then this is a great place to start! You can add pictures from your local computer or from any other computer connected to the network by using File Explorer, or you can use Microsoft Photos
- Wiki: A wiki is a great way to put together Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) or create knowledge base articles about your business. If you have any questions about something then just ask them here! The community will help out with answers too!
- Announcements: This is a great way to let people know when there's an event happening at your company or if it's time for an update on your blog posts or social media accounts like Facebook Twitter , Instagram etc.. You can also add links back into these pages so that people can easily find them
SharePoint is a powerful tool for online collaboration. It's the ideal place to host your company's information and projects, if you are looking for help on how to better use this tool, feel free to connect with me:
If you found this blog post and guide helpful, buy me a coffee